Thursday, February 26, 2009

Carl Jung once said: "Everything that irritates us in others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."






i've found recently that this concept is barraging me with new considerations...i become too easily annoyed by certain things done by people i live and work with. and i started ask myself why i'm actually annoyed (i've come up with few conclusions). but it keeps me wondering about myself, about people, and about the daily interactions we all have... how amazing it is that we even get words out of our mouths in a coherent fashion.


on a basic plane, art is therapy for me. every time i find myself having a hard time dealing with a situation...i go straight into painting. it's my best cathartic method....this painting i did at a time when i was really frustrated...and actually, i've found these concentric circles around paint splatters to be a theme that has been returning in my art...


i'm a great purveyor of music...currently, i'm enjoying the music of st. vincent... this is one of my favorite videos (a cover of 'these days' by nico):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vxQs84FMWQ&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment